NEW STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Entry and Exit
- All studio entry doors will remain slightly opened to minimize anyone touching surfaces.
- Studio Entry: Sanitation Station Protocols: At the entry of each building there is a sanitation station set up containing hand sanitizer, shoe sanitizing spray, and an instant-read infrared thermometer. Anyone entering the building must apply hand sanitizer, spray the bottom of shoes, and take temperature before entering each building.
- We ask that all parents, whose children will need assistance getting into their studio, escort them into the building and to their designated studio space. If you are entering the building with your student you must follow sanitation procedures listed above.
- We will be limiting the number of parents (in the building) walking their students to or from a class at any time (one parent/representative per family only please). . We will be allowing parents to wait inside the building under the condition that they are observing social distancing protocols and wearing face coverings in all common areas.
- We continue to require masks for all staff, dancers, and visitors on-site, outside of the classroom. This is non-negotiable.
- Inside the classroom: once dancers have entered the studio and are fully prepared to begin class, masks may be removed for those under 10 years old or those with a medical condition or disability which prevents them from wearing a mask, and they have filled out our exception waiver. Fill out the Mask Exemption Form HERE. In addition, we are asking dancers to bring a labeled plastic zip lock bag for storage if not wearing the mask during class.
- If a dancer fails to comply with the social distancing rule, we will require them to wear a mask, regardless of age, or they will be sent home.
- We require students to maintain a 6-foot distance from the nearest dancer(s).
What to bring in
- Please have your dancers arrive dressed and ready for class with as little to no baggage as possible.
- A (labeled) self-sealing water bottle, a snack (if there for multiple hours, no sharing please), and a change of dance shoes, if applicable.
- If more than one class, please have them dress in a way as to eliminate/minimize the need to completely change clothes (for example, if your dancer has a ballet class sometime in the evening, we ask that they come in ballet clothes and leave them on for the entire evening. They can add jazz shorts and roll up convertible tights for other classes).
- Please ask your dancer to observe social distancing protocol in the common areas and classrooms and to avoid physical contact with others. We all love to shake hands and hug but, for now, just wave and say hello to others from a distance.
- Our teachers will be directing students verbally with minimal contact, for hands-off corrections (unless necessary for spotting – ex. Acro), at this time.
- Social distancing reminders have been posted around the studio.
Parameters for entry
- Please do not attend on-campus if you feel ill, or have had a fever or any symptoms of any illness within the past 14 days. We would love to see you but, if you are at risk, have a compromised immune system, are sick, are showing signs of respiratory illness, currently have a fever above 99.6, have been around anyone that’s been sick, or are over the age of 65, feel free to take advantage of our online classes from the comfort and safety of your own home. This also applies if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or if you live with someone that is at risk, sick, showing signs of respiratory illness, anyone who currently has a fever above 99.6 or you’ve been around anyone that’s been sick in the past 14 days.
- Spot temperature checks are being conducted for anyone entering the facility. If their temperature is 99.7 or higher, we will test them again in 15 minutes and, if it remains at that level, we will not allow them to remain on the premises.
- For the Bravo building, the new studio entrance is on the side of the building facing Westgate, under the “College Nannies and Tutors” sign. We have a nice new lobby for our parents to wait and observe classes via our observation TVs.
- For now, classes will be 5 minutes shorter to accommodate cleaning/sanitizing time in between each class, so please factor that in when you consider pick up times (ex.a 5pm class that normally dismisses at 5:55pm will dismiss at 5:50pm).
Break between classes
- For students with breaks between classes, please remind them of your family’s rules around social distancing, and please instruct them to honor these guidelines during this downtime as well.
- Please encourage your dancers to bring any individual equipment they may need, for example, a yoga mat, or any props necessary for class. Please disinfect at home before bringing.
We are asking that our families
- Take your child’s temperature before heading to the studio.
- Keep your dancer home if he/she/they have a cough, runny nose, or the slightest health concern, even if you believe it may be allergies. All dancers must be symptom-free to be allowed into either building.
Talk with your children before coming to the studio about your family’s “rules”, including whether or not they should wear a mask, and instruct them around social distancing parameters and the studios’ guidelines.
- We will continue to keep both buildings cleaned and sanitized daily for your family’s well-being. We will sanitize touchable surfaces/mats in between each class, as well as deep clean at the end or beginning of each day and restrooms throughout the days and evenings.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all students in our regular big bottles throughout the studios. Our staff will wash their hands and use hand sanitizer hourly between each class as well.
- We have posted hand washing reminders in all restrooms, and hand soap and paper towels will be regularly restocked.
Additional precautions we are taking
- Teachers will all take their temperature with infrared touchless thermometers before each shift to confirm they do not have a fever.