At Balance Dance Studios we are committed to providing you with the best dance education experience possible and that is why we are so excited to announce that we have opened our digital dance studio doors! This allows us to continue to dance together, give you the opportunity to interact with your teachers, and help us maintain some regularity in our weekly schedules at a time when so much in our daily lives have been disrupted. The BDS team has been collaborating with dance studios who have already transitioned to online classes and parents and kids are really enjoying the online format! Give it a try, we know you are going to love it too!
With the onset of the coronavirus, we are working hard to navigate a very fluid situation that will likely change. At this time, we are taking it week by week and will be communicating as often as needed to keep you informed on what our plan will be. If you do not already belong to our community Facebook page, please join here.
Starting on Monday, March 23rd, we are very excited to start live streaming all regularly scheduled classes, at their regularly scheduled times, on Zoom. Zoom is an online video software free for you to download, and participate in your dance classes, via live streaming video. We are also working on providing recorded archives of the live classes, in case you are not able to attend the live-stream, or wish to simply view again. Below are the simple steps to make this a smooth transition:
Preparing for your class(es)
1. Download Zoom software
- Laptop Computer or Desktop – The software will automatically download when you click on the link we will be providing to you for each of your classes. For manual download, visit https://zoom.us/download
- Phone/Tablet – Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app
Apple App Store download
2. Watch this video put together for parents and students which serves as a great introduction to how teachers and students can use Zoom effectively. You can also access the helpful quick start guide to review, prior to your first class, and for you to have handy in case you have questions.
3. Check your email for class invitation links to your class(es) the day prior to your class(es). Keep that link, as it will give you access into the class weekly and will automatically launch Zoom if you have completed step one above.
4. Get ready to dance! – Please create a “dance-safe” area somewhere in the house or garage clear of furniture and any other potential obstacles.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We greatly appreciate your continued support during this tumultuous time and we look forward to dancing with you this week!
With much gratitude,
Kathy Dupuy & The Balance Dance Studios Team
Thank you as always – but especially now – for the wonderful, warm energy you bring to these girls. Parker came out of her makeshift studio space happier than I’ve seen her in days
Yay!! After living in PJ’s for a few days, I feel alive again after dancing!! I miss you all dearly. Thank you!
Huge appreciations to all of you. Seeing Adriana with her friends following class routine was priceless and brings a bit of normality into kids lives. Thank you all dedicated teachers!
Family Friendly Dance Movies
Here’s a list of dance themed movies you can watch with your kiddos with the extra downtime. Double check for parental ratings, these are geared towards dancers of a variety of ages.