We are thrilled to present our 2018 spring recital showcase, Destinations, on May 19th. This show is comprised of classes with students ages 6+. For recital details for our Dancers & Dreamers recital, When I Grow Up, (ages 3-5), click here.
May 19th 2018 | 4:30PM | LifeAustin (8901 W Hwy 71 Austin, TX 78735)
Dress Rehearsal: May 18th, 5-9pm – Call times started at 4:30 (see call times by class here)
Recital: May 19th – call times starting at 3:30pm (see exact call times per class here)
NOTE: The BDS office closes at 12:00PM tomorrow and will be closed all day on Saturday, May 19th for recital.
- Four tickets are provided as part of your recital fee (6 if you have more than 1 dancer performing in recital). Extra tickets are $10 each. Online ticket sales have ended, however, you may still purchase tickets in person at the front desk until tomorrow, May 18th at 12:00PM and at the door for $12. Any unclaimed tickets will be available at will call in the lobby the day of the show.
- Please be sure to purchase any recital related shoes or tights prior to Friday at noon.
- Mark the rehearsal and show dates on your calendar.
- Be sure you have the appropriate dance shoes and tights (where applicable) for your dancer(s).
Dress Rehearsal: FRIDAY, MAY 18th from 5-9PM, at LIFE AUSTIN (8901 TX-71, ATX 78735)
- Dancers should arrive on or before their estimated call time, ready to go in full costume and makeup. “Call Time” means that your dancer should be dressed and completely ready to go on stage by that set time (see call times here).
- Dancers may leave after their dance has rehearsed (if a dancer is in more than one dance, we ask that the dancer leave after his/her last dance is rehearsed.)
Recital Day: SATURDAY, MAY 19th, 4:30PM
- Dancers will check in 1 hour before the act in which they are performing (see call times by class here).
- Parents will check in dancers at the Patton Theater (our dressing room) and can reserve a seat in the auditorium when doors open at 4:15pm. PLEASE NOTE, VIP MEMBERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE AUDITORIUM AT 4:10PM.
- Show order for recital will be the same as dress rehearsal order.
- Dancers should arrive in full costume, girls’ hair pulled back in a bun (unless alternate directions have been given by teacher on the class recital handout), and stage makeup!
- Pick Up – Dancers will ONLY be available for pick-up IN BETWEEN ACTS. Please do NOT go backstage during the show to pick up your dancer. Any dancer who is not picked up during the 1st intermission may be picked up after Act 2. Dancers 12 years old and older may check themselves out to watch the remainder of the show from the auditorium but must make sure they have collected all of their belongings before exiting the dressing room area. If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason during the show, please use one of the back two exits, and exit between dance numbers, to keep disruption at a minimum!
- Let friends and family know to arrive at least 30 minutes before the show, in order to get their tickets from will-call and be there to get a seat when the doors open.
- We will have concessions and some retail items available for purchase, before and after the show, as well as during intermission – please bring cash for purchases!