We are thrilled to present our 2018 spring recital showcase, Destinations, on May 19th. This show is comprised of classes with students ages 6+. For recital details for our Dancers & Dreamers recital, When I Grow Up, (ages 3-5), click here.
May 19th 2018 | 4:30PM | LifeAustin (8901 W Hwy 71 Austin, TX 78735)
Dress Rehearsal: May 18th, 5-9pm (call times per class will be announced when solidified)
Recital: May 19th – call times starting at 3:30pm (exact call times per class will be announced when solidified)
Attendance this semester is extremely important for recital participants. Each of our lovely dancers is a vital instrument to the piece their class is preparing to perform. All dancers must be present weekly in order for them to successfully rehearse choreography, timing, formations and staging. This is a wonderful opportunity for dancers to experience and learn from working as a team and how gratifying that can be when it all comes to life on stage!
4/16-4/21: Parent Observation Week (attend the last 30 minutes of class for important recital and summer registration info)
Tickets: 4 tickets are provided as part of your recital fee (6 if you have more than 1 dancer performing in recital). Extra tickets are $10 each and available for purchase here (or $12 at the door). Tickets will be available to pick up at the front desk the week prior to the show. Any unclaimed tickets will be available at will call in the lobby the day of the show.
- Mark the rehearsal and show dates on your calendar.
- Make sure to check the spelling of your dancer’s name in Studio Director. Access Studio Director here. If you do not have your login information, click on the “forgot your password?” link. When prompted, please provide your email address to be emailed a link to reset your account password. If the system does not recognize your email address and you have tried additional email addresses you have provided in the past to Balance, please contact our front desk and we will be happy to help guide you.
- Be sure you have the appropriate dance shoes and tights (where applicable) for your dancer(s).
Dress Rehearsal: FRIDAY, MAY 18th from 5-9PM, at LIFE AUSTIN (8901 TX-71, ATX 78735)
- Dancers should arrive at least 30 minutes before their estimated call time, ready to go. “Call Time” means that your dancer should be dressed and completely ready to go on stage by that set time (a detailed schedule for each class call time will be provided as soon as it is solidified).
- Dancers may leave after their dance has rehearsed (if a dancer is in more than one dance, we ask that the dancer leave after his/her last dance is rehearsed.)
Recital Day: SATURDAY, MAY 19th, 4:30PM
- Dancers will check in 1 hour before the act in which they are performing (check-in times per class will be issued as soon as they are solidified).
- Parents will check in dancers at the Patton Theater (our dressing room) and can reserve a seat in the auditorium when doors open at 4:10pm. PLEASE NOTE, VIP MEMBERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE AUDITORIUM AT 4PM.
- Show order for recital will be the same as dress rehearsal order.
- Dancers should arrive in full costume, girls’ hair pulled back in a bun (unless alternate directions have been given by teacher on the class recital handout), and stage makeup!
- Pick Up – Dancers will ONLY be available for pick-up IN BETWEEN ACTS. Please do NOT go backstage during the show to pick up your dancer. Any dancer who is not picked up during the 1st intermission may be picked up after Act 2. Dancers 12 years old and older may check themselves out to watch the remainder of the show from the auditorium but must make sure they have collected all of their belongings before exiting the dressing room area. If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason during the show, please use one of the back two exits, and exit between dance numbers, to keep disruption at a minimum!
- Let friends and family know to arrive at least 30 minutes before the show, in order to get their tickets from will-call and be there to get a seat when the doors open.
- We will have concessions and some retail items available for purchase, before and after the show, as well as during intermission – please bring cash for purchases!