We are thrilled to present our 2018 spring ballet showcase on May 19th, 2018, at 2:00PM at LifeAustin (8901 W Hwy 71 Austin, TX 78735)
Dress Rehearsal: Thursday, May 17th, 5-9pm – call time is 4:30pm at LifeAustin
Recital: Saturday, May 19th, 2pm – call time is 1pm
Preparation: Attendance this semester is extremely important for recital participants. Each of our lovely dancers is a vital instrument to the piece their class is preparing to perform. All dancers must be present weekly in order for them to successfully rehearse choreography, timing, formations and staging. This is a wonderful opportunity for dancers to experience and learn from working as a team and how gratifying that can be when it all comes to life on stage!
- Mark the rehearsal and show dates on your calendar. Make sure to check the spelling of your dancer’s name in Studio Director. Click here to log in If you do not have your login information, click on the “forgot your password?” link. When prompted, please provide your email address to be emailed a link to reset your account password. If the system does not recognize your email address, and you have tried additional email addresses you have provided in the past to Balance, please contact our front desk and we will be happy to help guide you.
- Be sure you have the appropriate ballet shoes and tights for your dancer(s).
Dress Rehearsal – THURSDAY, MAY 17th, from 5-9PM CALL TIME IS 4:30PM at LIFE AUSTIN (8901 TX-71, ATX 78735)
- Dancers’ call time is 4:30pm and should be eady to go. “Call Time” means that your dancer should be dressed and completely ready to go on stage by that set time. We will be running the ballet in full dress from 5-7pm, so all dancers should be on time and ready to run the show in the order listed below.
- Dancers may leave after their dance has rehearsed and been dismissed. Soloists and any dancers who have acting roles should expect to stay after the run of the show from 7-9pm (although this is an estimate and may be shorter if the run goes smoothly).
Opening – (Leads)
Mazurka & Friends – (Mon L2 at 4pm, Tues L2 at 4pm & Mon L5 at 5pm)
Dr. Coppelius – (Leads & Friends)
Wheat Dance – (Leads & Friends)
Wheat Gatherers & Friends – (Mon L2 at 5pm)
Czardas – (Mon L3 at 5pm)
Opening – (Leads & Friends)
Chinese Dolls – (Tues L1 at 4pm & Wed L1 at 5pm)
Military Dolls (Wed Bitties at 4pm)
Entrance – (Swanhilda, Friends & Dr. Coppelius)
Maids in Waiting & Cavalier Tues L3/4 at 5pm
w/ Wheat Gatherers – (Thurs L4 at 5pm)
Dawn & Prayer
Wheat Harvesters – (Mon L1 at 4pm)
Finale – (Thurs L4 at 5pm & Leads & Friends)
Recital Day – SATURDAY, MAY 19th 2:00PM CALL TIME IS 1:00PM
- Parents will check in dancers at the Patton Theater (our dressing room) and can reserve a seat in the auditorium when doors open at 1:40pm. (PLEASE NOTE: VIP MEMBERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO ENTER AT 1:35pm).
- Show order for recital will be the same as dress rehearsal order.
- Dancers should arrive in full costume, including girls’ hair pulled back in a bun at the crown of the head, with no part (unless alternate directions have been given by teacher), and stage makeup!
- Dancers will ONLY be available for pick-up at the end of the ballet.
- Please do NOT go backstage or into the dressing rooms before or during the show.
- Please pick dancers up in the dressing rooms after the ballet has concluded.
- All dancers should stay in the dressing rooms until the end of the show. They should not go into the audience at any time.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason during the show, please use one of the back two exits, and exit between dance numbers, to keep disruption at a minimum!
- Let friends and family know to arrive 30-45 minutes before the show, in order to get their tickets from will-call and be there to get a seat when the doors open.We will have concessions and some retail items available for purchase, before and after the show, as well as during intermission, so bring cash for purchases!